Tours for individuals and families
Up to 19 people. For groups of 20 or more, please have a look on this page.
Rates 2018 - Day
|Price per person||On site price (CHF)||Online price (CHF)|
|Child (ages 0 - 4 ), ICOM, AMS and press card holders||free||free|
|Child (ages 5 - 15)||14.00||12.00|
|Family: children accompanied by an adult, starting from 2nd child||5.00||4.00|
Rates 2018 - Evening (upon reservation)
Special pricing: special offers, discount coupons or other reductions valid for daytime visits are not valid for this offer. Information about Summer evening visits here.
|Price per person||Evening visit & meal (CHF)||Evening visit (CHF)|
|Child (0 – 15 years)||18.00||12.50|
|Adult (from age 16)||29.50||18.00|
Rate of exchange applied: € 1.00 = CHF 1.10
General conditions of sale
Recommendations and information
- Sports shoes and warm clothing are advisable.
- The temperature inside is 18°C throughout the year.
- Rooms/chambers are well ventilated and well lit
- The miners’ train and some galleries are accessible to visitors with disabilities (please advise in advance)
- Pets not allowed
- Length of visit: about two hours
- Hire audio guides: available in French, German and English
- Book your place - highly recommended
- Ample free parking near the start, also for coaches
- Refreshments and a souvenir shop at the entrance of the Salt Mines
- Picnic area with tables and benches and a covered shelter for 30 people
- Cards accepted: EC Maestro, Postcard, Mastercard, Visa
Opening times 2018
- April, May, September, October: two to four tours per day, from Tuesday to Sunday and on public holidays
- June-August: four to ten tours per day, Monday to Sunday
- Open on Bank Holiday Mondays (Easter, Pentecost and National Day of Fasting)
- During the weekends in November and December: one to two tours per day
Open every day during Christmas vacation: one or two tours per day
Things to do in the Bex Salt Mines
Plenty of adventure and lots of stories.
The Salt Mines of Bex is now a vast underground labyrinth, several kilometres of which are open to the public. A unique attraction in Switzerland! Take a ride on the miners’ train and discover the most spectacular and the most characteristic elements of the various mining techniques used since the first gallery was first dug out in 1684, right up to the present day.
A meal, an event
Would you like to organise a unique and memorable event that is, let’s say…. 1,500 metres underground? Whether it's a conference, a seminar, a training day, or perhaps a drinks reception, a meal or an evening do, we can offer you the setting for an exceptional experience, far away from the trials and tribulations of everyday life!
For the more daring among you: Why not go on an adventure and discover the old galleries away from the standard tour circuit and enjoy the mine’s fascinating stories as retold by our experienced guides!